Pages

Sixty-Seven Part B

January 13, 2011

In the mist of being at a loss to fully express my thanks to God, there is something that my heart is literally bursting about.  I have to share it.  I cannot contain it.  But for whatever reason I did not feel this and the other should share a post, hence Part A and Part B.

So Part B...

I have currently holding a visa issued by the Consulate General of Spain in Miami!!

I prayed early this morning when I left Lake Placid that this visit to the Consulate would be less interesting than the last.  I'm pretty sure my prayer followed something along these lines, "God, I know the last time made for a great story, but please let this time be less interesting."  And indeed it was.  I won't bore you with details, but I was in and out of the Consulate in less than 15 minutes (that includes accidentally getting off on the wrong floor and waiting for the elevator to take me to the right floor haha).  My wonderful Daddy drove me to Miami today (which is something to be quite thankful for since I abhor driving in that city and he has driven there most of his life and since he worked for FedEx in Miami for many many years he knows all the back ways and shortcuts...we left later than we I went in October and got to the Consulate's in less time) and thankfully he had only gone to Publix (the greatest grocery store in the world for those of you who have not been blessed enough to venture into one - I'm not kidding the best grocery store in the world haha) across the street.  I'm thankful for some time shared with him today.  We went into Publix to get some medianoche bread (sweet Cuban bread that is incredible but not found as easily in Lake Placid) and plantain chips (again another item not as easily found in LP).  We killed some time before lunch at a store in the Dolphin Mall and then ate at one of my all time favorite restaurants, Shorty's Barb-Q...Yummy!  Shorty's is a South Florida favorite and I grew up eating it pretty regularly.  We didn't eat the original since it was too far South and way out of our way so some of the childhood nostalagia was missing but the food hasn't changed in the 20 years I've been eating there and at a different location.  So if you're ever in Miami...here my two of my recommendations


  1. Don't stay at the sketchy hotels hear the airport - ask Claire Saunders for details on that one haha (this only came to mind because in the mist of texting people about getting my visa this came to mind haha)
  2. Eat at Shorty's Barb-Q all the food is good but you absolutely must eat the coleslaw and the corn on the cob :)
Well, I'm pretty sure I got to rambling once again...I'm pretty sure I don't know how not to ramble...but I like details and well sorry if the details confused you haha

But here's the main purpose again of this post...God provided! I have a visa in my hand...and I as of just checking I have a departure date set - airline ticket and all :D  

I wanted to show you a picture of my newly returned passport and visa (and in case you're wondering, yes, that's it...when I showed it to my mom she said, "That's it!  I thought we'd get something to frame or something cool like that.  We waited all this time for a sticker!") and I may have gotten a bit carried away haha







Please excuse the blurriness and the dirty mirror...note to self - clean mirror tomorrow haha
 
And in case you were interested, you can check out my first Consulate adventure here :)

Grace and Peace!

2 comments:

  1. I like that you have your visa and I like the shirt you're wearing to show it off! Sometimes I feel like I need a visa to wear the shirt. ;-)

    <>< Katie

    ReplyDelete
  2. YAY for the visa & the less interesting visit to get it!

    ReplyDelete

 
FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS