Pages

Sixty-Eight - My Thankful List

January 13, 2011

I'm thankful for...


  • Scripture in the morning.
  • Sweet e-mails from Spain that answer my many questions and invite me to do stuff once I arrive.
  • Warm coffee in a mug my grandpa painted me.
  • Soft coats.
  • Space Heaters.
  • The reminder that every once in a blue moon Florida does have a somewhat winter day - though no snow.
  • Encouraging words.
  • Concerned family members.
  • Family members making a trip down to Florida to see me before I depart.
  • Cuban subs from Publix.
  • Publix.
  • Bible lessons that God brings together.
  • Buses that start.
  • Children that smile without any front teeth.
  • Children that help without being asked...sweetest thing today during craft time:
    • Meredith - "I can't cut.  I'm not very good at it."
    • Lake - "I'll help you cut."
    • Me - "Well, I can help you cut Meredith."
    • Lake - "No, I really really want to cut hers for her."
    • Me - "Well, how about I do Meredith's and you do yours."
    • Lake - "No, Miss Caitlin, I really want to cut hers first and then I'll do mine."
    • Me - "Lake, that's so sweet of you but I want to make sure you both have enough time to finish so I'll cut Meredith's."
    • Lake - "No, I really want to cut hers first."
    • Me - "Okay, you cut Meredith's and I'll cut yours."
    • Lake - "Hmm...okay!"
  • Hugs from cold little soccer players...I love getting bombarded by four little boys with hugs.  And the little girls hugged me too were quite sweet as well.  
  • Heaters that work quite nicely as I attempt to thaw out from the cold soccer game.
  • Medicine that makes earaches feel better.
  • Warms baths.
  • Early bedtimes.
  • A Savior who didn't chose the religious or the rich or the ones who were mature and had it all together...the Savior who chose the tax collectors, the poor, the dirty, the sick, the children...the Savior who choose me and choose you.

1 comment:

  1. I love that being a dirty, rotten sinner makes us perfectly qualified for the greatest gift ever :D

    ReplyDelete

 
FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS