Pages

Seventy-Four...the things I will miss

January 19, 2011

As My time in Lake Placid dwindles with each passing minute and as Spain looms closely on the horizon, my mind fills with the excitement of what is come but the sadness of what I will soon miss.

I don't enjoy missing things.  Because normally what I miss aren't things, they're people.  I don't enjoy missing people.  It hurts when something exciting happens and I long to share the joy with them.  And it hurts when I need hug or just a shoulder to cry on.

 I am not normally thankful for missing people.  Actually, I don't think I have ever been thankful for missing the special people in my life who happen to be miles and miles away.

But this thought came to me today...I miss people and places - but especially people - because those people and places have impacted my life.  I miss people because I have and do love them.  I miss those who have changed me for the better.  I miss because their footprint on my life has inspired me.  I miss because I have been touched in a positive, loving manner.

While we may have been impacted by the times of pain in our lives, we don't miss unless we have loved and enjoyed.  For example, I don't miss the third grade, wearing braces (especially the months I had the expander :-P), or having my heart broken.  These each impacted me, but I do not want to relive any of these experiences.   But those whom I have loved and are now not physically present with me, I miss...I miss Wales, the 8th grade, and being with friends at Gardner-Webb.  

It's okay to miss as long as we don't cling to what we miss and then miss out on the blessings God has given us in the now.

As I prepare to leave there is much to be missed.  I much that I have loved and love.  Much that impacted me for the better and inspired me to live for Him.  So bear with me as I prepare to leave as I share my thankfulness for that which I will miss.  As I cherish what I have been given and I step forth into something new.  (And I apologize if some of these seem a bit repetitive.)



I'll miss...

This little thief...today she stole both my apples, my glasses (I took them off to take a picture of her and then she grabbed and tried to wear them so I snapped some pictures - but then when I tried to get them back they almost died a most painful death haha), the remote control, and my phone....
















But then again how could you not miss this face :)

1 comment:

  1. I saw a girl wearing a Lake Placid hoodie and it made me miss you!

    And then today, randomly, my Guatemala scrapbook caught my attention and even though I was pressed for time I had an uncontrollable urge to open it. It made me miss our un-self-policed room and our lessons on how to dress yourself.

    <>< Katie

    ReplyDelete

 
FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS