Pages

Eighty-One...Eighty-Two

January 28, 2011

Eighty-One
Life is full of blessings.  I would be lying through my teeth if I denied how blessed my life is.  One area that I really have been abundantly blessed is through family - especially extended family.

 My dad's family is in Florida.  We've always lived within 10 blocks or so (less than 5 minutes) away from my Nanny and Poppy.  My aunt and uncle has never been more than  few hours drive.

My mom's family is in Virginia and North Carolina.  And even though there is quite a distance, we've always been blessed to have them involved in our lives and the chance to see them quite regularly.

My Granddaddy and Melissa have been in Florida for the past few weeks They're reviving their Florida.  When I was I in elementary and middle school they used to come to Florida for several months in the winter - snowbirds who can drive :D - and this is the first year that they're staying down south for several months.

Yesterday, Melissa and I went shopping for things for Spain.  Mostly cosmetic items that I wasn't running low or medicine I wanted to make sure I have before I left.  Also the dollar is weaker than the Euro so several things were cheaper to get here than to get there.  Melissa and I had a great time!  It was such a blessing to spend the afternoon/evening with her.  It was encouraging and I am so thankful for the time I had with her before I leave next week.

Eighty-Two
Today officially marks my final day of working for my church.  And it was hard.  Harder than I ever imagined it would be.

Hugs from children who have come to mean so much to me and have taught me so much melted my heart.

Flowers from one little boy who has grown so much these past few months.  Who reminds that me investing and believing in someone can have an impact beyond what we could ever comprehend.

Tears from Carlyn-my-Darlin which reminded me that I have touched a life, even though her tears made me tear up and as I write this the tears come once more.  I pray as she grows God continues to touch her life.

Sweet dinners from families who have guided me and encouraged me through this journey from day one - long before any of knew where this journey would lead.

As Sonbeams ended today two 4th graders who have become very dear to my heart these past few months asked, "Why do you have to leave?"  And I responded, "Well, sometimes God calls you away and you have to go."  They didn't quite understand this answer, but laid something upon my heart at that moment and I added, "But do you know what, I wasn't even supposed to have stayed this long.  I was supposed to have left in August.  But instead God kept me here until now and think how we wouldn't have gotten to know each other as well if I had left in August."

To think I wasn't supposed to have stayed.  At times I was so ready to leave.  But I'm so thankful that God knows what He is doing and that I did stay longer and if for nothing else for them and all they taught me.

We miss because have been touched.  We miss because we love.  Missing isn't easy...but I would rather miss something than never know that feeling.  Because I would rather love.

2 comments:

  1. Monopoly money is more valuable than the Euro these days :P

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, gosh if monopoly money is worth more than the Euro I'd hate to see what the dollar equates to haha

    ReplyDelete

 
FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS