Pages

Twenty-Two

November 28, 2010

I was a fan of my 21 Thankful list yesterday, so I think today will be another list of what I'm thankful for today...but I don't think it'll be of 22 items...

Top 6 Thankful Fors for Day Twenty-Two
1. A fun afternoon with a fun friend.  I spend the afternoon with Nicole, a friend of mine from high school. It was such a joy and an encouragement to go out to lunch with her get caught up on each others' lives and see the movie "Tangled" (which I highly recommend and believe it will be one I'll want to add to my DVD collection :) ).  I am thoroughly thankful for her company and just a chance to talk to someone who's at similar place in life.  I miss my friends who are far away so much, so today it was nice to experience friendship and laughter and edifying conversation.  I'm thankful for Nicole and our time together today.

2. An encouraging message from one of my dearest friends.  Let's just say he asked me a question yesterday and when I told him I'd message him my answer later, I'm not sure he realized what he was going to get haha...but today when I read his response it was the most encouraging and wise message.  It amazes me how God uses him and others in my life to help see things in a different perspective, to help open my eyes to how He is at work even when I don't see it.  I'm thankful for the sweet words for a sweet friend...I'm also thankful for that sweet friend :)

3. The chance to chat for a few minutes with one of my favorite people who lives on the other side of the  ocean (well she's one of my favorites of all the people I know :D).  She makes me smile when I get to chat with her. And though I know she'd hate me for saying it...I think she's pretty amazing and I'm so thankful to have her in my life even if she's over 4,000 miles away!

4. Running a mile and not feeling as if I'm going to die afterwards.  I'm trying to start running again and when I went for my first run in a very very long time on Wednesday I thought I was going to die at the end...but today I didn't feel like death was soon to be upon me so maybe that's a sign I can run more tomorrow...maybe...

5. Mom and I took the dogs on a walk this evening and I was walking Buttons the Boston Terrier and she was pulling like crazy because she wanted to go faster than I wanted to go.  So on the way home mom and I walked on the golf course we live on and mom said, "Let's see if Buttons can walk on her own."  So I dropped the leash and let her walk.  Now Buttons used to be notorious for running way and not returning (as mom says, "She just wanted to play, Caitlin.  She was just trying to have fun.")  We even had to put in one of those electric zapper fences so she wouldn't run away everything the door opened.  But today when we let her walk on her own she stayed with us the whole time.  If she started to veer we just said, "Come on, Buttons." And she'd sit and wait for us or come right back.  Buttons is officially grown up.  Thankful for her (and I'm even considering dog-napping her and taking her with me to Spain)  and for the fact I didn't have to chase her around Placid Lakes.



6.  I'm thankful that God is at work.  I can't always see it.  Sometimes I choose not to see it.  But my God is at work.  He is alive and as I enter into this time of Advent - a time of waiting for the expectant Savior - see how in the mist of waiting He is preparing me.  I am thankful that He is the potter and I am merely the clay.  I'm thankful he molds me and though the refining isn't painless...it's always worth it.  

So even in the hardest times, the darkest of days.  Even when the road seems full of unneeded or unwanted or confusing twists and turns.  Even when pain seems to outweigh the joy, remember God does not abandon whom He loves.  He is the God who is near.  He is the One at hand.  He is cares about us.  Even the trivial things in our lives He cares about us.  His love for us is deeper than we can comprehend.  Richer than anything we can buy.  His promises do not fail.  He is at work and will bring His good to those whom are called according to His purpose.  In this world there will be many trials and pain but have hope He has come to bring life and bring it to the fullest.

Live in His love today :)

2 comments:

  1. LOVE it as always!

    PS - I really love your 'Lately I've been' column on the left of the screen. How did you get it there? Basically I want one :D haha

    ReplyDelete
  2. I made with the List Gadget...Go to add gadgets on the design and find list...then add items...I just picked some that I had seen from another blog...I just update it every so often :)

    ReplyDelete

 
FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS