Pages

Thirty-Six :D

December 12, 2010

So recently my dear friend Rea Longman allotted me 7 compliments.  Now these were not compliments she would give me.  No, these were 7 compliments that I was allowed to give her.  Rea hates to be given compliments so this is a big deal (and I'm secretly hoping it's a break through and by the time I reach my 7th she'll be more willing to accept compliments but as I've been told that's big wishing haha).

But today I have decided that I would cash in one of my compliments and express how thankful I am to have Rea in my life :)

I had the blessing of meeting Rea in the summer of 2009 and when I traveled to Wales.  I pray for the day when I get to see her again. Getting to know Rea was probably one of the biggest blessings not only from my time in Wales but also in my life.  Being able to continue our friendship despite the fact that she's on the other side of the ocean continue to bless and encourage me.


I was trying to think how best to express my thankfulness for Rea and I have decided to share the cheesy little poem/story that was originally supposed to be her birthday present (Yes, Rea, I am finally breaking down and telling you what you were supposed to get and hoping eventually you will receive the  entire finished product - it's not just the poem ;) and in case you're wondering I'm the worst gift-getter-to-you-if-it the-gift-has-to-be-mailed seeing as her birthday was in the beginning of August...though I'm hoping to do a bit better with Christmas presents haha)  So be forewarned it's cheesy but I love it and I love her!


Once upon a time there lived two girls.  
One lived in a tiny town in the U.S. (Lake Placid, FL to be exact).
And the other lived in a tiny village in Wales
(Pentrebach to be exact).
They didn't know it yet but a flight across the ocean would change their lives forever.
A church, an open field, and some playground equipment helped create the setting for this amazing friendship to begin.
From their long walks
to their even longer talks (both quite random and silly to deep and serious)
From words getting put into the other's mouth (Rea!)
to their shared love of coffee
A special bond was created between these two.
Because what may have appeared as an ordinary friendship to some was really something quite extraordinary.
These two saw first-hand how God's hand had brought them together.
They even called each other loves because knew it was Christ's love for them that enabled them to love the other.
So even the another plane ride tore these two apart, they knew wherever their paths may take them...
This LOVE would always hold them together :)

2 comments:

  1. You got 7 compliments...no fair I only got one!! :P

    But I look forward to receiving my Christmas present from you. It will brighten up the month of September significantly ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha that was because I got her the song she wanted...she said you tried so you got one so I said since I actually got it for her then I should get like 7 haha

    haha no you should have it by April haha

    ReplyDelete

 
FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS