Pages

Twenty-Six

December 2, 2010

So this one is actually from Wales :)
I'm thankful for the chance to act like a kid today.  I think I need to act like kid more often because I think kids' have a much better life philosophy than adults.  I once read a quote on a friend's Facebook that said, "We're all children of God so we have the right to be childish."  I'm saying that we shouldn't grow in God but there is a reason Jesus said we had to be like children to inherit the kingdom of heaven.

Children has just a simple view of life - have fun!  They don't burden themselves with a load they were never meant to carry.  They forgive quickly.  They love to laugh and their smiles can light up a room.  A world.

Today at our afternoon kids' club I loved the chance to spend time with them.  I love hearing about their Thanksgiving and it was nice to get told I was missed.  And made sure I told them I missed them - because I did :)  I loved watching them create angels and get excited over the birthday party we're going to have for Jesus in a few weeks.


I love that I can build relationships.  It was neat to see one little boy open up to me today.  We didn't get into anything deep but as he gave me instructions on how to slide and told me what he wanted for Christmas I felt I was getting through to him because a few weeks ago he won't he even speak to me.  I love skipping across the playground and getting hugs.

I love talking to them because like I said they have such a neat perspective on life.  (One boy told me how is tooth fairy needed glasses because she kept missing where he put his tooth haha).

These kids can drive me crazy but at the end of the day I can't help but love them.  They don't always listen and do the opposite of what I tell them quite often but they're sweet smiles melt my heart.  I can't help but believe that this is how God feels about us.  That even though we don't always listen and we do the opposite of what He tells, His heart must melt for  us.  He can't help but love us.  Just as I get excited when I see their sweet faces on Tuesdays and Thursdays, I imagine God gets excited everything He sees our faces (so He must get excited quite often :D). When I think back over my life I think I've learned more about God's heart from children (hmm maybe I'll write a book about what I've learned about who God is from children...just a thought...)

I'm thankful for the chance to spend time with these precious children of God.  I'm thankful for what they teach me about life and what they teach me about God's love.

If you need a new perspective on life or on God spend some time with a children...you'll be amazed at what He'll teach you from them :)



See what great love the Father has lavished on us, that we should be called children of God! And that is what we are! The reason the world does not know us is that it did not know him.
1 John 3:1

2 comments:

  1. I love kids, too!

    I love the Christmas set up, too. :-)

    <>< Katie

    ReplyDelete
  2. That was a fantastic blog post :) definitly should write that book!!

    ReplyDelete

 
FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS