Pages

Ninety-Eight and Ninety-Nine

February 13, 2011

One of these days I'll be on top of my 365 days and make sure I blog them on the actual day.  But for today half on the right day will just have to suffice.

Ninety-Eight
Simple things always bring the biggest smile to my face.

Things like sleeping in.

Hot showers (note I have had hot water the whole time I've been here).

Learning more about life in Spain from those have been living it longer than I.

 Laughter and fun time with new friends.

Taking fun pictures.

 Trying new food.

Going to Chino stores (and that's not intended to be racist.  That's what they're called) and finding ridiculous things and some things I actually needed (okay so I may not have needed the Princess crown but Tuesday is Princess vs. Alien Day - it's Spirit Week at ECA this coming week, so I arrived just in time :D)

Beginning to figure out how the buses work (well, let's just the bus driver almost didn't let me off at my stop but he did thanks to other patrons on the bus and I now know a better and cheaper bus to take from the center of Alcala de Henares to where I live in Alcala de Henares).

Watching a movie in Spanish (I would love to say I understood it but thankfully I've seen it in English - National Treasure 2 - so I could just remember the story line and not be confused...some call it cheating, I call it being tired and zoning out haha)

Ninety-Nine
Continuing the theme of simple things that make you smile...I RODE THE BUS ALL BY MYSELF TODAY!  Let's just say that was kind of a big deal to me.  It's like one more thing I know how to do in Spain.

This morning in church we sang, "Blessed Be the Name of the Lord" in Spanish.  The last two weeks we have sang some wonderful worship songs, most of which are new to me and I'm all about learning new music.  But this morning it was nice to sing something familiar, though in a different language, and it was definitely something I needed to hear.  It's so easy to praise God when things are going well.  This morning in church it was so easy to praise God because things were going well.  But this afternoon when I wanted to skype with a best friend of mine and it wouldn't work, it wasn't so easier to praise God.  Now I know skype is a little thing in comparison to trials many of us face, but it shows that even things are frustrating we still have to praise God.

Tomorrow is 100...but don't expect 100 thankfuls haha

Grace and Peace

4 comments:

  1. We sang "Blessed Be the Name" in Guatemala.
    Unlike in Guate, I'm glad you're getting hot showers! ;-)

    I love you and I love hearing updates from your journey!

    <>< Katie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Firstly (I should have asked this on FB but I forgot haha), what is spirit week about?

    Secondly, I praise God for Skype not working because if it did I am not sure whether we would have had the really important conversation we did end up having on FB chat :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Spirit week is a week where each day we're supposed to dress up according to a different theme. So today was V-Day so we wore pink/red/white and hearts. Tomorrow is Princess vs. Alien day so the girls dress up as princesses and the boys as aliens. Wednesday is Be-Who-You're-Not-Day so we dress as someone we're not - myself and another teacher are dressing as little kids. Thursday is Old Person Day. And Friday is school spirit day and we wear black and red, the school's colors.

    I know I was thinking the same thing so see even when things don't work as planned it is neat to see how God had something different in mind and you're right we may not have had that conversation and I'm glad we did :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think that is really cool!! I love it :-)

    :)

    ReplyDelete

 
FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS