Pages

Ninety-Four

February 8, 2011

I'm not quite sure where I heard it...maybe a blog...maybe a book...maybe someone said it in passing...but regardless the thought has stuck with me for the past few days as I begin to settle into this new leg in my journey, this new adventure...

The quote/phrase/whatever you would like to call it, "Unpack your bags...physically and mentally."

Unpacking means you're here to stay.  Unpacking means you're investing in this.  Unpacking takes time and energy (though for me usually less time and energy than packing does haha).

I'm thankful for the chance to unpack my bags last night.  I am thankful for a room though smaller than what I have grown accustomed to is perfect for all my things brought.  I'm thankful that for bed that is cleared of stuff.  For suitcases that are at least hidden from sight.

I'm thankful for a couple who has welcomed me into their home despite a language barrier.  I'm thankful for their patience with me and I hope I'm as patient.  I'm thankful for an experience to teach me compassion as I work and serve students who are experiencing similar things with English.

Tomorrow I begin teaching...YAY!!! Pray for me and that my Spanish picks back up :)

1 comment:

  1. Creo que hablas espanol excellente. Espero que Dios use el tiempo cuando esta en Espana para te ensena mas sobre El.

    <>< Katie
    (Lo siento... mi espanol es muy rusty y tambien no tengo acentos).

    ReplyDelete

 
FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS