Pages

Thankful For #18

November 24, 2010

Well, I went about my day I came to the startling realization that I am long overdue in writing a particular "Thankful For" post.  While I caught up on the days I missed yesterday there is something, or rather someone, that should have received a "Thankful For" post a while ago.  

And just when I was all set with what my "Thankful For #18" post would be an unexpected blessing occurred...but no one said you couldn't be thankful for more than one thing.  

So first I'm thankful for the unexpected blessing of my dad finally getting to come home.  As many of you know my dad has been fighting an infection in his knee for almost two months now.  Until today we thought he had at least another week in the healthcare center receiving his medicine through iv.  But today we got word that he would finally be able to come home for good!  So today I am very thankful that my dad is home and that he doing so much better!

Now for the one that's long overdue...I'm thankful for my Mom :D

I'm pretty convinced that I have the world's greatest moms.  You often hear that God gives us our families for a reason and I'm quite thankful He gave her to me.  

She may not have had a made from scratched dinner on the table for us each night, but she's always provided for us.  We never lacked her support.  She never once told me when I asked about going on my latest adventure.  She always said yes.  She always encouraged me to go.  She's never pushed her dreams on us but given us the strength to find out for ourselves the calling that God has for us.  And she's encouraged us to follow wherever He leads.  She taught us to fly and has allowed us to soar.

I'm thankful that my mom is much more easy-going than I am.  I hope one I can be "the pebble in the stream" like she is (she told me that I needed to be more like her like a pebble in the stream that the water just rolls over).  She always listens to me, even when the conversation consists of me complaining about something or other.  But I'm thankful that she doesn't always take my side.  That she forces me to see over perspectives and realize that even when times seem full over gray skies and rain that there is a rainbow.  

I'm thankful that my mom goes above beyond what she has to.  She really does go the extra mile as Jesus commands.

I'm thankful she is still a kid at heart.  That she never takes life too seriously and shows me each day the power of finding joy in the simple things and that there always room for laughter.  

I'm thankful that she truly lives out the quote by St. Francis, "Preach the Gospel always.  And if necessary, use words."  

I love my Mom.  And I know I don't always show it, but I'm so thankful for her!




2 comments:

  1. Such a beautiful, beautiful post :)

    PS - Never seen a picture of you with black hair before!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah I dyed it dark last year after much urging from friends...I kept it dark for about 5 months and then I was looking at pictures from Wales actually and decided I missed it blonde and I had dyed back within the week haha

    ReplyDelete

 
FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS