Pages

Thankful For #13, #14, #15, #16, and #17

November 23, 2010

I thought that while I was out of town that I would keep my "Thankful For" posts going...but I'm nothing if good intentions haha...anyways I guess I can lump several thankful fors together...


#13 
I am thankful for the chance to visit my aunt for the weekend.  I'm thankful that my flight was smooth  and there were no delays.  

#14
I'm thankful I was able to see family who I didn't expect to have the chance to see.  I'm thankful that I was able to see my 90 year old great-grandma and that she's doing very well!  I'm thankful for the chance to visit with her.  I'm thankful that I got to see Granddaddy and Melissa and we were able to enjoy a Lotta Burger and Cheerwine (even though I couldn't figure out how to pack Cheerwine in my suitcase and not have it explode - in case you are unfamiliar Cheerwine is a regional soda in NC, which I think they should sell in FL).  I'm thankful for the chance to see my Aunt Pat and Uncle Tom, even if Tanya, Blake and I are no longer invited when Carolina and NC State are playing (it's not our fault our presence there brought State good luck).

#15
I'm thankful for the chance to enjoy the fall weather while taking a walk with Putter.  I'm thankful that there were still some pretty fall leaves (I forgot I had my camera after Saturday and got no pictures :( ).  I'm thankful that I could play gin with Mimi (and beat her - but mostly just play with her).  I'm thankful that they caught the mouse in TJ Maxx.

#16 
I'm thankful for a surprise Christmas present (and no it's not for me).  I'm also thankful that Putter's - my aunt's Yorkie - test for anit-freeze poisoning came back negative and that he's fine now.

#17 
I'm thankful for the chance to have a needed conversation with my grandma and the reminder of God's forgiveness and that He is alone is our hope and strength.  I'm thankful for the chance to do something in honor of my dad.  The plane to Fort Myers was at full capacity and they asked if anyone with an aisle seat would be willing to switch so a disabled veteran could have it.  I decided I could switch b/c I knew that's something I would want someone to do for my dad (he's a disable veteran too and always needs the aisle seat if not the exit row or bulk head).  Sometimes I wonder if I always acted in the way that I would want others to treat me or my family what life would be like...maybe that's my challenge for the week...treating others the way I want to be treated or my family to be treated - and this mean treating my family the way I would want to be treated.  

I'm also thankful that I arrived safely at home.  And I'm thankful that my grandparents are doing better but please continue to keep them in your prayers and prayer for my dad, too.  

Give thanks to the One who causes good for His glory and for His children.  He fills our lives with joy found both in the simple and the extraordinary.  


Enter his gates with thanksgiving 
and his courts with praise; 
give thanks to him and praise his name.
Psalm 100:4

2 comments:

  1. Giving up your seat is AMAZING! Even if you were thinking of your Dad you still weren't thinking of yourself :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad to hear you enjoyed your trip and your time with your family!

    <>< Katie

    ReplyDelete

 
FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS