Pages

Thankful For #1

November 7, 2010

Thanksgiving.  Sometimes I think it's the most overlooked holiday (then I remember that we also celebrate days like Memorial Day and Labor Day and I think those holidays win when it comes to being truly overlooked).  But as Thanksgiving approaches I decided I really want to cultivate a spirit of thankfulness.  I want this year's Thanksgiving celebration to be more than an opportunity to stuff my face or play games with my family members.  I want it to be a time that reminds to really be thankful for what the Lord has given me.  I want it to be more than a day or even a month where I celebrate thankfulness.  I want to live a lifestyle of thankfulness.

To help cultivate a lifestyle of thankfulness I want to post a blog for the rest of November to share what I'm thankful for.  I pray this challenge to constantly be thankful won't stop with the end of November, but it will be a daily expression.

Thankful For #1 



Today I am thankful for grandparents.  I am thankful for times they play games with me for 7 hours straight or convince us to order a huge ice cream sundae in a 32-oz. mason jar.  Or when they cook your favorite meal for you just because or invite you to visit for the weekend and teach you to play gin.  That they will drive you all around a national park and sing "Home on the Range."   I'm thankful that they want to be with you just because.  I'm thankful that they pray for you.  I'm thankful that they believe in you constantly and help you make all your dreams come true.  I'm thankful that they laugh with you and will tell you stories of when they were little.  I'm thankful that they show you an example of the love God has for each of His children - His unconditional love, a love we don't deserve but get simply because we belong to Him.

And hands down my grandparents are the best :D

So cherish the memories and life lessons your grandparents have given you.  And cherish the love that is beyond all compare from the One who calls you His!

2 comments:

  1. What a sweet post, Caitlin!

    As for forgotten holidays: Veterans Day, MLK jr Day, and Labor Day win. Especially since we here still labor on Labor Day.

    <>< Katie

    ReplyDelete
  2. How blessed we are to be your Nanny and Poppy! You have made our lives very full. And we thank you too for your love and the times you want to be with us. What a sweet honor you paid to all of us. Thank you Caitlin.

    ReplyDelete

 
FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS