Pages

Forty-Six

December 22, 2010

Thank-yous are important.  I don't often say them enough or in the most timely fashion.


Part of being thankful is to make sure others know you are grateful for them.


My Thank-Yous for Today

Dear Katie
Thank you for reminding me that I'm God's favorite.  That you're His favorite.  That we're all His favorite.

Dear Rea
Thank you for chatting with me this morning/afternoon.  I love talking with you and am blessed that our friendship has continued and strengthened despite the distance.  And hopefully one day we'll be able to have a never-ending trip to Starbucks.

Dear Fr. Stephen Freeman, 
We've never met but I wanted to thank-you for writing your blog, Glory to God for All Things. I just happened to (well we both know who really happened to cause it :) stumble upon your blog and God used it to encourage me and lure me into His arms this morning.  Thank you for being faithful to the gift God has given you and are using it for His glory.  This part was especially a blessing to me:

The all-powerful reveals Himself in His weakness, and not, I suspect, because it was a “backdoor” plan. Rather I believe the all-powerful revealed Himself most fully, most completely on the Cross because this is indeed what the power of God looks like. I do not know how to fathom the reality that the power that can only be seen in the Cross of Christ, is the same power that created the universe, but I believe it is so.

We never know fullness, until we empty ourselves into His emptiness. We never know love until we are drowned in the waters of His mercy that do not kill but make alive. We cannot see the great until we see Him very small. He who enters the womb of a Virgin will also enter the waters of Jordan, and will also enter infinitessimally small spaces of hades’ yawning gape. And there we shall see greatness indeed, He who is everywhere present and fillest all things (The God Became Small).

Dear Michaels' Checkout Lady and Lowes' Checkout Guy, 
Thank you for being so friendly and having such great smiles as you checked me out.  I'm sure this isn't the funnest time of year to work - which is sad - but thankful that you were so jolly and cheerful.  It made my experience much more enjoyable.

Dear Mrs. Hall (I think that's your name), 
First of all, I must apologize that I didn't ask your name when you asked mine when we ran into each other at Books-A-Million.  But I wanted to thank you for encouraging words and the genuine interest you took in me.  It amazes me how a less than 5 minute conversation can brighten your day when the person truly is interested in you.

Dear Joy, 
Thank you for giving a me cookie when I ran into you in the Marshalls, Michaels, Books-A-Million, plus other stores' parking lot.  That was very sweet of you and very Christmassy.  The cookie was amazing by the way.  

Dear Starbucks Barista, 
Thank you for the coupon for a free drink next time I'm at Starbucks.  You definitely did not have to do that since it was largely my fault for the mix-up in my order.  I shouldn't change my mind at the last minute.  The peppermint mocha was superb and I'm very thankful for how gracious you were and for the gift.



Dear Mom, 
Thank you for making oatmeal drop cookies (or whatever they're called) and peanut clusters. Hopefully this year we won't eat them all before Christmas.  Thanks that you're you :) Love you!

Dear Dad, 
Thank you for your commentary during movies.  You definitely offer a - well - interesting perspective.  But you do make it enjoyable and memorable.  Love you!

Dear Toms
Thank you that your shoes are not only cute and amazingly comfortable but thank you that each pair purchased means the promise that one child will have the chance to have a cute and amazingly pair of shoes, too.  Thank you that you're not selling shoes to make money but rather to change the life of a child with a simple pair of shoes.


Dear Charles Dickens, 
I know you're dead but I wanted thank you for writing a A Christmas Carol. I love that story so much and the message it brings.  Thank that it reminds all who read it, watch it, etc. that Christmas and life is meant to be a time of giving.  That a life lived for oneself isn't worth much, but a life of love for others is worth while.  Also thank you for writing it because without it my favorite Christmas movie wouldn't exist.  I bet you never imagined you'd be played by a blue space-alien named Gonzo and Bob Cratchit would be played by a frog named Kermit.

Dear Jesus, 
Thank You that You are IMMANUEL.  God with us.  Thank You that when man couldn't look upon the face of God You came.  Thank You that I can see Your face.  Thank You that You love with a love that doesn't compare, that is immeasurable.  Thank You that You pursue me and woo me into Your arms.  Thank You that You are my Lover.  My Prince of Peace.  Thank You that came.  Thank You that You lived.  Thank You that You died.  Thank You that You rose again.  Thank You that You're coming back.  Thank You that You never change.  Thank You that You are good.  Thank You that You are Love. 

2 comments:

 
FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS