Pages

Twenty-Five

December 1, 2010

I'm thankful that God sends you encouragement in unexpected ways but it's just what you need and it's at just the right time.

I was not excited about today.  All I wanted to do is lay in bed and sleep.  I wanted to hit the snooze button again but I figured hitting it 3 times was probably way more than enough.  I was running which seems to be the usual rather than the unusual lately.  And I really wasn't looking forward to the day.  But when I arrived at LPMS I was greeted by 10 middle school girls with, "CAITLIN!! You made it!"  One girl jumped up and gave me a hug.  There energy rubbed off on me and gave me excitement for the day.  I left LPMS anticipating what today would bring and to honest that isn't a feeling I've had a lot lately. 

 When I arrived at church, I was greeted with another hug by the sweetest 17-month-year-old ever and that also gave me encouragement :)  

Tonight at youth God reminded me how He makes all things beautiful.  Often I question God as what's the purpose of going through certain events.  I think how can anything good come from this.  I doubt the validity of the promises in Romans 8:28 and Philippians 1:6 during these times or when certain memories come flooding back.  But tonight I had the chance to encourage one of the girls in our youth group and to be honest I think I was more encouraged by the conversation.  After I spoke with her I thought, "Wow!  If I hadn't experienced this I would have no idea what to say to her."  And it felt like God was saying, "Duh!"  (Sometimes I feel God has to say stuff like that to me and chuckle afterwards...like uh huh huh haha).  God allows us to go through a lot of different things.  But He always uses them for His glory.  And tonight I was reminded of that.  

Be encouraged today...for God is near :)  

2 comments:

 
FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS