Pages

Thirty-Two

December 9, 2010

Trust in the Lord and do good; 
dwell in the land and enjoy safe pasture.
Take delight in the Lord, 
and He will give you the desires of your heart.
Commit your ways to the Lord;
trust in Him and He will do this:
He will make your righteous reward shine like the dawn,
your vindication like the noonday sun.
Be still before the Lord
and wait patiently for Him;
do not fret when people succeed in their ways,
when they carry out their wicked schemes.
Psalm 37:3-7

This is passage is what I'm thankful for today.  

Turn to Psalm 37 in one of the Bibles I own and in the margin dated 9-15-06 I wrote this prayer, "I want to trust you, but I find myself unable to.  Help me."  When I wrote this prayer I had only given my life to Christ a few months before.  Though I had grown up in the church I don't think I ever could have imagined how this prayer has been answered.  Let's just say He definitely answers prayers in ways that I could have expected or imagined.  I'm thankful for the reminder that God has answered that prayer.  That the last few days have been nothing but proof to me that He has answered that prayer...is still answering that prayer.  

I'm thankful that I belong to a God who invites me to take delight in Him.  A God who also takes delight in me.  I'm thankful that when we delight in Him He gives us the desires of our hearts...when we delight in in Him.  I think when we delight in Him, His desires become our desires.  I've realized over the past few days that I wanted God to give me the desires of my heart when I wasn't delighting in Him.  I'm thankful for the reminder that my heart has to be delight in Him.  That I have to be seeking His heart and not only His hand.  

I'm thankful that when I commit my ways to Him, He directs my steps.  Right now I'm a place where I have to completely trust God with next step to take or not to take.  But I know that by committing my ways to Him that He'll lead me where He wants me.  I thankful that He holds my hand and guides me to the places He desires.

And right now I find myself very thankful the reminder to not fret when people succeed in their ways or when they carry out their wicked schemes.  I became very hurt and offended tonight when I found out what some people were implying about me.  Even though I know and was I reminded again that the sources are not reliable, I was still pretty upset by the way I was being portrayed.  Even though I know in my heart I tried to resolve the situation several weeks ago in a godly manner, I found myself getting worked up over this. As I sat in the youth tonight dwelling and fretting over this, God brought the last part of this passage to mind.  I shouldn't fret over this.  I need to give it to God.  I'm trying to pray each time I begin to fret - praying that the people involved with have God move in their hearts and one day we'll be able to resolve this.  I'm thankful God brings the scripture we need to mind when we need it.  

I'm thankful for this passage today.  As I was thankful for it over 4 years ago.  I'm thankful how this scripture is brought back into my life when I need to be reminded of it the most.  I'm thankful that I can trust my God.  I'm thankful the chance to take delight in my God.  I'm thankful for the chance to be still before Him.  I'm thankful that I don't have to worry when others treat me poorly, that God gives me the strength to pray for them and trust that in His timing it will be resolved.  I'm thankful that though I wait, I know He will come :)  


I have decided I have resolved 
To wait upon You Lord
My Rock and Redeemer, Shield and Reward
I'll wait upon You Lord

As surely as the sun will rise
You'll come to us
As certain as the dawn appears

You'll come

"You'll Come" by Hillsong 




1 comment:

 
FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS