Pages

57 and 58

January 3, 2011

Fifty-Seven - Seven Thankful Fors from Yesterday

  1. For a church family you rejoice with me at the calling God has placed on my life.  Was waiting until I had it in my hands to post about it (though I'm pretty sure once it is in my hands there will be another post thanking God for that provision :D), but I guess now is a good time to announce to those who don't already know - my visa has been approved :D  I don't have many more details other than that as I am still waiting to hear from the Consulate (I have begun my attempt to contact them now though) for further instructions.  But my associate pastor announced this huge praise at church yesterday and it was such a blessing to have so many people - even people I don't really know - rejoice with me.  I'm thankful to know that as I set forth on this journey, my church family is being the hands and feet of Christ in LP and lifting up God's ministry in Spain in prayer.
  2. For the hugs of precious children.  They have been a such a blessing to me and have taught me so much.  They amaze me constantly with their love for God and others.  I can honestly say that my heart breaks a little knowing that in a few weeks I'll be leaving them.  (Miss Chanah Banana - who I watched grow in God so much over the past few months - told me that I couldn't leave...though a few months ago she chastised another little girl who said the same thing with, "She has to go! God's calling her! Duh!" - I may have added in the duh for further emphasis...but that was definitely her tone).  I hope to really pour out to them this last month and I pray that someone amazing will rise up and serve God's children.
  3. For coffee.  I know that sounds quite trivial...but I am quite thankful for coffee.  I'm sure many of you reading this are thinking, "The words of a true addict," but I seriously love the stuff haha
  4. For new knitting stuff.  Okay, when I say knitting I mean loom knitting - it's like knitting for dummies or cheat knitting - but I love it!  So I'm feeling ambitious and if you're nice I might make you something haha
  5. For my whole family being in church.  Since my dad was sick so long this fall and then even after he was left the hospital/rehab it took him a while to regain the energy to do the normal everyday things.  Mornings and evenings were especially hard for him. But for the second time now my whole family has been together at church seated in the same pew.  
  6. For living in a small town.  I won't lie, I'm not always thankful for this.  Actually in high school, I think I was rarely if ever thankful for especially when certain situations arose.  But I really do love living in a small town/county because I love running into people I know pretty much everywhere I go.  From Walmart to Publix we kept seeing people we knew and it's always nice to run into a smiling face.
  7. For love.  For the love of my family.  For the love of my friends.  For the love of my Father. For LOVE.

Fifty-Eight - Eight Thankful Fors from Today

  1. For productivity.  I definitely could have gotten a lot more accomplished, but given the last two weeks and my state of mind for the last 6+ months the amount I got done wasn't too bad.  I planned kids' club for tomorrow with everything ready to go except for printing, wrote some thank-you notes (I have a few more to go though), made some phone calls and e-mails that I had been neglecting and I even cleaned my room.  Hopefully, the rest of the week will lead to even more productivity and less procrastination.
  2. For the chance to run/walk in gorgeous weather.  I'm trying to be a bit more active, so I attempted to run today.  Let's just say my run turned out to be a walk (though I did run some) but it was nice to be in the fresh air.  
  3. For my hair doing what I wanted it to do the first time.  I know how shallow that sounds, but my hair literally has a mind of its own.  So when it does what I want it to do the first time, it's kind of a big deal.  And we tend to have differing and opposing ideas of how it should behave or how it should be done for the day.  Most days I lose this battle.  But today my dominating hair, lost - or at least conceded.  It's always a great day when this occurs :)
  4. For yummy dinners. My momma made us dinner in my dad's new pressure cooker.  It was quite tasty.  I'm thankful for family dinners (even if Ian wasn't there) and that we had a way to prepare them since our oven is fried (see Fifty-Two) for details.
  5. For an e-mail letting me that financially I am good to go to Spain as once I have a visa in hand!  Such an answer to pray :)
  6. For realizations of God at work.  I chatted with a friend of mine earlier today and he asked if I ever thought I would return to Lake Placid.  Though my honest answer is no - at least not in the sense of living here permanently - if God revealed to me and called me back here I would willing return.  And then I had the realization that struck me as quite interesting.  In December I wrestled with God as to whether He would have me go to Spain this winter or if I was to wait until the next school year begins in August.  I had come to a peace that if I were to stay in Lake Placid longer or if I was to go to Spain soon, then I was okay with either.  My heart's longing was to be where God desired me - whether He desired me in Lake Placid or Spain or somewhere else I would find His joy wherever He lead or kept me.  Some after I received notification of my visa's approval.   
  7. For life.  For life with God-given purposes.  For life abundantly.  For life eternally.  For life with my Beloved.
  8. For Jeremiah 9:23-24.  These verses are the focus of our lesson at kids' club tomorrow.  Don't boast in wealth, strength, or wisdom; but if I must boast, boast in relationship I have been given with the loving God.  Boast that the LORD desires a relationship with me.  Boast that He made a way through Emmanuel.  Boast that He entered my mess and my sin, and offers me relationship with Him.  Boast that He loves me.
What are you thankful for today??

1 comment:

  1. Listen, I don't want to hear about your nice weather. I'm thankful it's above 0 degrees today.

    I'm also thankful your hair did what you want it to do. I understand, my friend! My hair always curls one way: right or left... It always does one thing: the opposite of what I want it to do.

    <>< Katie

    ReplyDelete

 
FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS