Pages

The Journey is the Destination

March 16, 2011

One. Thirty. One

Five years ago I wrote in a goal setting book for Leadership Class that I would travel to Spain (plus some other countries).  Guess, I didn't realize it should have said live.

Four and half years, I let God have hold of my life.

Four years ago God called me to missions.  And since those four years I've seen God's hand and love among both home in the US and the abroad.  Opportunities to see Him work have only abounded. 

One year ago and six months ago I met with John Hopkins and Juan Carlos Bonilla about mission opportunities with World Witness.  Spain was mentioned.  Spain was the only one I set forth to take a vision for.

One year ago and four months ago I landed in Spain.  And left knowing this was the next step God was calling me to take.

One year ago and three and half months ago.  God used an incredible conference to show me one doors was closed, not necessarily locked for now, but closed...and the door to Spain was standing wide open for me to take the next step.

One year ago I met with World Witness and was approved to serve with them in Spain.  Thus began the beginning of support raising and trusting in God's perfect timing.

Six months ago and three days ago I turned in all my paperwork for my visa at the Spanish Consulate in Miami.  A reminder to not lose faith.  God always provides.

Almost three months ago I received word that my visa was ready to picked up.

Two months ago and four days ago I picked up that visa.

One month ago and eleven days ago I left the US and arrived in Spain.  And has it been a whirlwind experience since then.  God has shown faithful.  It's not perfect, but this world is not perfect.  Only He is.  His confirmation of why this door was opened has been shown.  An increased passion to serve here and for my students has filled my heart.  Challenges bringing drawing me closer to Him are being faced, through His strength alone.  

Thirteen days ago the first step to residency was completed with the help of some wonderful people who encouraged me and guided me through the process.  And returned a second time for me when it wasn't accepted the first time.

And today the second step to residency here in Spain was completed.  Into Madrid I went to turn in my residency appears.  All papers were accepted without hesitation.  I officially have a residency number.  I'm legal within the country.  Always a plus.  I still have another step to complete before I can obtain my residence card, but this is a huge relief to have this completed and for it to have gone so smoothly.

For so long, especially the past year, the destination has been Spain.  And the journey to reach this destination is easily measured in increments of time.  But arriving in Spain has taught me that the destination is not Spain; the journey has not ended.  The journey continues.  Within the journey there are struggles, but joy increases.  There is pain, but there is also hope that does not disappoint.  Tears are shred, but laughter abounds.  The journey does not end.  It goes on.  With Him by my side.  With Him before me.  With His hand guiding.  With my ultimate destination being Him.  My journey to Spain, my journey after Spain lead me to Him.  I pray this journey is also used to lead others to His heart.  




1 comment:

  1. I'm so excited for you!
    I almost bought you some Mr. Big bars while I was in Nicaragua last week... but decided I wasn't mailing the to Spain, sorry ;-)

    <>< Katie

    ReplyDelete

 
FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS