Pages

The Gaps Keep Getting Longer and Longer

March 30, 2011

I would like to say that I will be blogging more frequently after this...though given my track record since arriving in Spain, that seems unlikely...though I can hope, but as I tend to say, "I make no promises." On being a better blogger at least.

134. March 19th...Learning how to make tortilla de patata...Rafi one of the teachers at ECA - my Spanish actually (though with taking on an additional class I might become a less frequent member) - had Sarah, Sophia, and I over to teach us!  It was so much fun :)  So eventually I will attempt la tortilla de patata on my own (who knows if you come and visit me I might even attempt to make it for you!)

135. March 20th...an awesome prayer group and a meeting that helped me realize I don't have to feel guilty about a choice I have to make.  Sometimes you just need someone to say the words for you to believe them.

136.  March 21st...another meeting going far better than I could have expected...Praise HIM!

137. March 22nd...An amazing weekend away with some fabulous new friends!

138. March 23rd...A Beach on Island in the Mediterranean (Mallorca to be exact :D) that served that reminded me of being in Wales (I GOT CHIPS AND CURRY - YUMMY :D)

139. March 24th...Just over four years ago I stayed up one night and wrote down my beliefs...those ultimately changed the direction I headed my freshman year of college.  But that was over four years.  Something in my heart (the Holy Spirit) has been telling to take the time and rewrite them.  And I did.  I was amazed as I thought about what I wrote four years ago and how as I have fallen more in love with Christ how some of my beliefs have changed.  (Don't get me wrong I still believe that Christ is the ONLY way...the changes have occurred in more how I feel about displaying His love to others).  It was so refreshing and convicting.  To actually reflect on what I belief about Christ and following Him and to see how I need Him to mold to live out those beliefs.  May actions speak louder than my words...may words only reflect Him.

140. March 25th...Monday evening English class in a neighborhood in Madrid...it's so fun.  it's so reviving.  I've gone twice and I think it's been life changing...and if buying the ingredients to make Moroccan tea is an adventure...but a good one and it served as the reminder that some of the nicest people are the ones the world judges so cruelly.  Jesus loves us ALL.

141. March 26th...Finally having answers to some questions that I haven't had for a few weeks :)  And learning that student and her sister will be returning this upcoming school year (and more importantly her mom is asking questions about having a relationship with Christ!)

142. March 28th...Well, it hasn't happened yet...but I'm thankful to being skyping with one of my favorite people in the whole world :D  And if my mommy would respond to her e-mail I might even get to skype with some other favorites of mine!

And I leave you with a quote from a favorite song of mine (And yes it's country.  And yes I like country music.  And yes country music can occasionally be more than I lost my wife, I lost dog, and I lost my job - or if you play it backwards, I got wife back, I got my dog back, and I got my job back haha)


"Be a best friend, 
tell the truth, 
and overuse I love you. 
Go to work, 
do your best, 
don't outsmart your common sense. 
Never let your prayin' knees get lazy. 
And love like crazy." 
Love Like Crazy by Lee Brice

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS