Pages

Lessons in Children's Church

September 19, 2010



As many of you know (and well if you didn't know you're about to find out) I've been teaching Children's Church at my church, First Pres of LP, since returning home last May.  And needless to say I sometimes I think I've learn more from teaching it than the children who attend.  So I wanted to share some of the lessons I've learned lately through this blessing I've been able to take  part in for the last few months.





  • Sometimes simple is best.  Just because a craft looks cool doesn't mean it is and sticking to a coloring sheet would have been more enjoyable and less stressful for all.
  • Candy and small prizes motivate kids to learn their Bible verses...oh the joys of extrinsic motivation. But then again how often do I do things in hopes God will bless me...at least the kids are more honest about their motives.
  • God gave us two ears to listen and one mouth to talk. 
  • Are we doing all we can to make sure everyone gets the prize?  His prize?
  • Never turn down help and make your helpers feel important.
  • Maybe the lesson doesn't go as deep as I would like but I think these children have something that I often forget...enjoyment of God.  Church is fun for them.  God is fun for them.  God wants me to enjoy Him.
Just a snippet of what God's teaching me through the children I spend my Sunday mornings with.  


But Jesus said, “Let the children come to me. Don’t stop them! For the Kingdom of Heaven belongs to those who are like these children.”
Matthew 19:14

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS