Pages

Freedom

August 7, 2010

Sometimes I wonder when I'll stop playing a part
When I'll remove the facade
                            the mask that I keep wearing
When I'll come out from behind the wall
                                                   the barrier that I keep hiding behind
When is that day
The day I become vulnerable
The day I scream, "I'M NOT THE GIRL YOU ALL THINK I AM!!!"
The day the house I built on sand comes crumbling down
down
down
down
and when it all comes down...that's when I'll be Free
Free from the chains I weigh myself down with
Free from the demons of my past
                 the fears of my future
Free from the desire to be someone I was never created to be
Free from my constant failing of trying to be her
Free from all the other gods I try to please
Free to know life and know it to the fullest
Free from this cage

Free                  Truly Free               Free
      Free!!

So if I can be free now...if freedom beckons at my door...
why do I still cling to the bars of my cage thinking, "Tomorrow...Tomorrow, I'll fly out and know freedom...Tomorrow, I'll taste the freedom I longingly crave...Tomorrow, I'll taste it...once again."

Because I have know this freedom, and yet where I do find myself...looking through the bars of my cage...But now
                 Now
           Now 

Now is the time for change...

That freedom I've know, that freedom I've craved, that freedom I desire in my inner-most being is here...
Here...

THAT FREEDOM IS HERE...AND I WANT IT...

Today is that day
My freedom is here
it's always been here

And my freedom says, 

"Come"



No comments:

Post a Comment

 
FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS