Pages

Overview of the Day!

December 15, 2009

So here is just a brief overview of my day at ECA. Well, the school day starts just after 9 am and begins with the bright, smiling faces of 3 precious first graders. They represent Korean, South American (I don't know the country for sure), and Spain. So cute! Then there was high schooler who has lived in both France and Ireland but is of Spanish decent. I got to work one-on-one with him. We did analogies and let's just say it has been quite some time since I had done anything with analogies...another humbling experience. Then we worked with two middle school girls. This class was great because I was able to see how the teachers are able to bring Christ and the Christian life into relation to the lessons taught in the classroom. It was great! Lunch was next and it offered a great time to fellowship with some of the other teachers. Afterwards I observed as Mr. Humes worked with a high schooler. Then I was able to work again a bit with a 5th grader - he was so funny. Needless to say I had a wonderful day.

So the question continues to be - is this it? Am I to go to Spain next year? I still don't know if I have a definite answer...but last night during my quiet time I had been praying about whether or not this is where God desires me to be. After praying a bit I opened the Advent devotional which GWU puts out and began to read the short story for yesterday. But then I turned it to the Bible passage - Isaiah 6. Immediately verse 8 jumped off the page at me, "Then I heard the voice of the Lord saying, 'Whom shall I send? And who will go for us?' And I said, 'Here am I. Send me!"

I'll leave that to ponder and pray over. Please pray along with me.

Grace and peace!


No comments:

Post a Comment

 
FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS